Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Amazing Birthday Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2014/11/stamp-review-crew-amazing-birthday.html
Here we are again, with another edition of the Stamp Review Crew! This time we are featuring a mostly words stamp set.  Those can be a bit challenging, but I think you will "amazed" by the goodness that we create with it :)

If you are following along the hop in order you just came from Kerry Willard Bray's blog. Lovely, right! If you started here, have no fear, the hop goes full circle and you won't miss a thing. If you ever get lost along the way, you can find the full "map" on the Stamp Review Crew blog, just click on the banner at the top of this post. While you are there, be sure to catch up on any of the previous hops you may have missed :)

OK, now on to my projects!

Let's start with this slightly different take on the oh-so-popular right now technique, Bokeh! I do really love the Bokeh effect and there are lots of videos out there on how to achieve it. Most will have you sponging the circles in varying intensity with a stencil and sponge or dauber. I had a faster method :) I have saved all of those circles of rubber that we pop out of our rubber stamps. I know I got at least two from the Daydream Medallions stamp set and I have a couple more that I can't remember where I got. I have them all in a stamp case labeled "Solid Circles".

 A peek inside, and a side view to show you the popped up front panel.

  1. For this card, I sponged Strawberry Slush and Tangelo Twist all over a 3½"x4¾"panel of Whisper White in a random pattern.
  2. Then I just started stamping a variety of sizes of circles in Whisper White. As you stamp and over lap the circles, the overlapping parts are a more opaque white. 
  3. For the last layer of white circles, I used the Cake Circle and the It's For You Circle stamps from Amazing birthday. Heat set the white ink.
  4. Wipe panel with Embossing Buddy, stamp sentiment with Versamark, and sprinkle with Black embossing powder, then heat with Heat Tool. 
  5. Using a panel of Strawberry Slush that is about 4½"x5¾", diecut a scalloped edge  along the right side, then trim to 4"x5¼". By using a larger piece to begin with, you can adjust for a crooked diecut edge :)
  6. Stitch stamped panel to the scalloped mat. 
  7. Inside a white card base, stamp the Cake Circle and the It's For You Circle stamps in Strawberry Slush and Tangelo Twist along the right side, stamping off once for each image.
  8. Use LOTS of dimensionals to adhere panel to a white card base.
  9. Punch out some stars with Star Confetti punch from Glimmer paper. Adhere stars and Sequins using Crystal Effects. Done!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

 This time I wanted there to be some drama with the cake! I combined a couple of stamp sets and some embossing to get the effect I was looking for :)


The Happy stamp is very easy to ink with markers by the way, and you can see that I stamped it in the lower right corner inside.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Then I decided to make a little box to hold some votive candles.  I tried with the Gift Box punch board, but the sizes didn't match the candles well enough, so I went with a pattern I have come up with myself a couple of years ago. I thought I had posted it, but I can't find it now... I guess I will be doing a tutorial soon! This box holds 4 votive candles, and has a sleeve that slides on and off. The sleeve was sponged and stamped. The tag is embossed with three colors.
ETA: There is now a video tutorial for this here!

You can see the sleeve and box a little better in this view. I went a bit crazy with the sequins and stars, huh :)

I made a matching bag tag for this little box too, but left off the sequins and stars. As I put together the list of supplies below, I realized that two of the colors of embossing powder I used are no longer available, the Melon Mambo and the Tangerine Tango. So sorry about that. However, if you have been buying SU stuff for a while, I bet you have them in your stash ;)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Well, that is it, finally, for me. Now it is time to go see what Adriana has whipped up for us!


http://escape2stamp.blogspot.com/2014/11/stamp-review-crew-amazing-birthday.html
http://www.peoniesandpaperchains.com/2014/11/stamp-review-crew-amazing-birthday-edition.html

7 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

As usual, fun projects! I love your Bokeh card. I hope you do a tutorial on the candle box. It's perfect of gift giving?

Wendie Waldman said...

Fun projects, beautiful colors.

Yapha Mason said...

Super cute projects, Tanya! I love the background on the first one - it's amazing!!

Ann Schach said...

Yowza, Tanya! What great projects! I love the Bokeh technique. I can't wait to try it!

Rochelle Blok said...

Awesome projects Tanya! I especially love your Bokeh card. Have been meaning to try this for a while now! How clever of you to keep the inner circles from other stamp sets to create this effect!

Mike said...

OMG! What an amzing set of creations! I love them all, but especially the design of the birthday cake one! You rock!

stressfreestamping said...

Great projects! I especially love the Bokeh technique you created on your first card. Gonna try that one for sure. It's stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails