Saturday, July 25, 2015

Guy Greetings and a Convention Update

So, I am at Stampin' Up! Convention, and I am having a wonderful time connecting with a bunch of my stamping friends! We have such a great time, talking, laughing, eating, and seeing/learning new things. And swapping. Lots and lots of swapping!

 Here I am with a few of my friends! Angie Pegram, Rhonda Griffin, and Paula Wright. They are all fabulous ladies, and a blast to hang around with :)

And here is a card using some of the product from the Holiday Mini that will be starting on September 1st. I can't wait to get my hands on some of these lovelies!!

And this one.... I love the tree trunk embossing folder soooo much!

This is one of the cards I made for an organized swap at the Stampin' Addicts Meet & Greet. I had decided to only do a few small organized swaps this year. Time was definitely a factor, I only have so much of it, lol!
  1. I embossed several images from Guy Greetings in clear embossing powder on watercolor paper. 
  2. Then sponged on some Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe. I also masked off all but the right 1" edge of the inside of the card (the new Whisper White Thick cardstock-love!) and sponged it also. I stamped the sentiment in both colors also.
  3. Then spritzed the paper with some water to soften and blend the ink.
  4.  I let that air dry, then stitched around the edges. Adhere this panel to the card base.
  5. I then took a 2"x4½" strip of Tip Top Taupe and stamped the manly man in the same ink, then cut a dovetail in the end with my scissors. Then outlined the banner in white gel pen. 
  6. Next I stamped the "world greatest" sentiment on watercolor paper in Mint Macaron, then fussy cut it out. 
  7. Cut a 5¼" piece of Naturals Chevron ribbon and dovetail one end, adhere to the right side of the card, about 1" from the edge, then adhere the manly banner with Tear & Tape, and adhere the "world's greatest" banner with liquid glue.  
  8. Done!
Here is the inside. I can think of a few people to give this card to, can you?

If you want to create this card, or something like it, here is the supply list. Any questions, I am happy to help, just email me or leave a comment.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails