Friday, August 29, 2014

Stampin' Addicts 2014 Fall Holiday Blog Hop: Four Feathers

http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/general-stampin-talk/9540-holiday-catalog-blog-hop-fall-edition.html
Can you believe that the summer is almost over?! It is time to think about crisp fall weather and all of the fun activities and crafts that go along with it, and the Stampin' Addicts are at it again with a preview of the Holiday Mini! We are just featuring the Fall holidays in this hop and will do the winter holidays later :)
If you are following along in order, then you just arrived from Tina's blog where she featured the Color Me Autumn DSP. So pretty, right! And if you get lost, simply go the Stampin' Addicts chat thread for this hop to get back on track, or just to chat!

My first project is a birthday card using the Four Feathers bundle. I used the Skinny Mini Alpha stamps to make the "BIRTHDAY" and the "happy" is from Endless Wishes.
  • Stamps: Four Feathers, Endless Wishes, Skinny Mini Alphabet
  • Ink: Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate, Tangelo Twist, Momento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, Smoky Slate
  • Other: Big Shot with Four Feathers framelits and Chevrons embossing folder, Signo white gel pen, dimensionals
I stamped some more feathers inside the card also to finish it off.

Next up is a hamburger box treat box. I simply stamped the box before assembly.
  • Stamps: Four Feathers, Countless Sayings
  • Ink: Soft Sky, Smoky Slate
  • Paper: Soft Sky
  • Big Shot with Hamburger Box die

My last project are these cute little thank you cards. I made them in 2 sizes, 3x3 and 2½x2½ to use all the scraps from the 8½x11 paper I cut them from. First I brushed some color onto a piece of watercolor paper with an Aquapainter and the coordinating ink color. I let that dry and then I stamped the feathers in Smokey Slate and the "thanks" in Black.
  • Stamps: Four Feathers, Another Thank You
  • ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Hello Honey, Smoky Slate, Momento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Hello Honey, Watercolor
  • Other: Aquapainter
Here are the Hello Honey versions.

And the Strawberry Slush  versions. I really love how these turned out!

Now it is time to go check out what Paula is doing with Freaky Friends, I can't wait to see :)

http://paulastamps.blogspot.com/2014/08/stampin-addicts-fall-holiday-blog-hop.html


http://paperartgarden.blogspot.com/2014/08/stampin-addicts-holiday-catalog-blog.html

9 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Great projects, Tanya! You really show of the versatility of the feathers. I love those thank you notes!

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I love this set and you did a fantastic job. I love the thank you cards. Time to CASE them.

Paper Art Garden said...

Love how you used the feather stamp. The watercolor cards are beautiful. I am adding this set to my wishlist.

MaryR said...

super cute with the four feathers set!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

What variety you showed with this set! Lovely designs!

Betty said...

Super ideas! I really like this set but did not have a vision for using it. Now I feel confident in getting it!

Anonymous said...

Great projects! This set is so you. I love those little thank you notes.

Twila said...

Love your projects! First feather card is my favorite!

Kim said...

Beautiful projects. What great ways to showcase the feathers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails