Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No Stems Here

I have been a bit MIA lately, on purpose. As many of you know, I work 12 hour night shifts. I also stay up all night on my days off because this bod of mine does not function well flipping back and forth anymore. I think I wore that switch out over the years ;) So, being a person who does my best work when I just get up, I usually go right up to my stamp room on my days off. Then when I am ready to go do housework and cook and socialize, everybody else is ready for bed! Well, I have been trying to spend that time with my family instead. And then I find myself missing the creative juices when they all go to bed. ARGH! I will adapt, I swear!

 Here is a picture I nabbed off of my son's Facebook page from his very recent trip to New York city. No, he did not bring his mother with! But since I would have had to shell out $800 to chaperone this school trip, I chose to stay home. This was a week long bus trip for orchestra, band, and choir. They played in a performed and recorded in a cathedral, and performed in a big Baptist church and the Trump Tower. I think they performed a couple other places too. It was a fantastic trip. And I kid you not, he talked for 5 hours straight about the trip when he got back, lol!
Geoffrey is in orchestra (plays viola) and choir this year. He is also in Vocalmotive, which is our local high school's competitive show choir. I mention this because last year he was in orchestra with the viola, and band with baritone and alto saxophone. He has some musical talent :) And he wants to be a nurse like his parents!

Now, how about a card? I was inspired by the layouts I have seen lately with the tilted layers in one corner of the card and thought I would give it a try. It is a little more challenging than I thought! Mostly because I tried to use smaller pieces of cardstock to create those tilted layers, lol!
  • Stamps: Simple Stems, Perfect Pennants
  • Ink: Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder
  • Paper: White, Soft Sky Core'dinations
  • Other: Signo white gel pen, sewing machine and thread
 I have been drooling over the creations I have seen made with this stamp set. The flowers are so lush and fun! I just had to make a parade of blooms on this card. I sure have been wishing for flowers outside lately :) I tried to use some of the soft pastels that I have neglected lately :)

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1634&dbwsdemoid=2010774
In case you needed an excuse to do some crafty shopping, here  are this week's deals!

I always love to hear the thoughts of those who stop by to check out what I have been up to. Please don't be shy!

1 comment:

inkypinkies said...

I love your card layout, and all the yummy colors you used - I adore this stamp set too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails