Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Kind and Cozy Thoughts

This is the second card design I did for the recent swap. I think it turned out quite nicely :) It is also the first time I used the Kind & Cozy set, even though I have had it for months! I tend to think I am going to use stamp sets sooner than I do. Mostly because I make sure I have plenty of stamping "assignments" between the Stamp Review Crew, the Paper Crafters Sampler, swaps, and Stampin' Addicts blog hops that I rarely have a time when I don't have a deadline approaching. This is self induced, mind you, lol! And I like to have goals.

I had not used my colored embossing powders lately and thought this would be the perfect time. The gingham label circle is embossed with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. I have found that this particular embossing powder will turn color if heated to long, just as an FYI. Doesn't it look sharp on the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock?! I also did a lot of inking with markers. I found a great tip on how to refill your markers here, so I was able to get my Old Olive nice and juicy again in just a few minutes. The rest were still nice and juicy already. 
I don't know if you can see it on your computer screen, but I also stamped the Hardwood BG in Illuminate ink on the Whisper White panel. It looks quite lovely in person :)
  • Stamps: Kind & Cozy, Hardwood BG
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Illuminate
  • Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
  • Other: Burlap ribbon, Signo white gel pen, 2½" and 1¾" Circle punches, Brights and Regals Candy Dots, dimensionals, Embossing Buddy, Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, Heat Tool
 Since I used a dark card base, I needed to line the card. A white panel is stamped in the lower corner with the floral image from the set.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails