Saturday, April 12, 2014

Fine Feathered Silver

Have I mentioned that I love Fine Feathers? Well, I do! It such a versatile set! And feathers are still so popular right now. I had to pull this set out and play with it recently. I actually made two cards that day, but I am only sharing one today :)

I wanted to make something with a hint of print and some soft sponging, but not distressed. Clean sponging? Does that make sense? Well this is what I did!
  1. I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I inked up the Dictionary BG stamp unevenly with Smoky Slate ink, stamped off once, then stamped partially onto the white. 
  2. After that dried, I then rubbed my embossing buddy all over and stamped a variety of feathers in Versamark and then heat embossed with White embossing powder. 
  3. Next came the sponging in Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana. 
  4. Then I stamped the smallest feather in Silver all over a ¾" wide piece of Smoky Slate, and the smallest two feathers on the main piece of white.Stamp "hello" in silver on a ¾" wide piece of Pistachio Pudding.
  5. Cut a 1" strip of the striped Foil Vellum. Dove tail all three strips. Use corner rounder on the main white panel and a Coastal Cabana card base.
  6. Outline the Pistachio, Coastal Cabana, and the white panel with a Signo with gel pen.
  7. Adhere the layers as you see them. 
  8. Make another white panel to line the card, sponge green and teal in a corner, then stamp some silver feathers over the sponging. Adhere the panel to the inside of your card. 
 What do you think? Does it look to flat? I can't believe I didn't use any dimensionals!!
  • Stamps: Fine Feathers, For You, Dictionary
  • Ink: Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate, Silver Encore, Versamark
  • Paper: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate, Silver Foil Vellum
  • Other: Signo white gel pen, Embossing Buddy, White embossing powder, Heat Tool, Envelope Punch Board corner rounder, sponges
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1634&dbwsdemoid=2010774
 Check out this week's deals, there are some really good ones here! I can't live without my Itty Bitty Punch Pack, myself....

1 comment:

Jenny Engelke said...

Ooooh, aaaah! This is gorgeous Tanya! I love the softness and sponging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails