Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Open Sea Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2014/03/stamp-review-crew-open-sea-edition.html
We at the Stamp Review Crew are featuring a rather masculine set this time, although it could sure be used for anyone who loves the ocean, sailing ships, or travel. We try to feature all kinds of sets in addition to having all kinds of styles in our hops :)
Are you ready for some gnarly nautical ideas? The Stamp Review Crew is here to bring it! If you are following along in order, you just came from Cindy Beach's blog, LOVE her stuff! If you have gotten lost along the way, you can pop over to the Stamp Review Crew blog and find the full blog roll. Check out the past hops while you are there. They are always intact :)

I had a lot of fun with the digital and the clear mount versions of this set. I had gotten a Silhouette Cameo e-cutter for Christmas, and I am still learning what you can do with it. And one of the things you can do is create cut-outs of an image in any size. Don't you just love those little anchors with the DSP showing through?! The Ship and the large anchor were cut out with the Silhouette, then stamped. I used a little bit of Washi tape to secure the cut out, then used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the images placed just right. The phrases are from Just Sayin' , I just inked up the sayings with my markers and left the word bubbles uninked.

Inside I added a couple of anchors very simply in the lower right corner. This is definitely an all occasion card!
This card popped into my head as I was typing up this post, and supposed to be getting ready for work. Just hope that I got showered and fed before I had to go start my 12 hour shift in the ER :) You can't see it very well, but there is a panel of vertical embossed stripes on a raised panel. VERY clean and simple, not really my style usually.
ETA: I took some better photos when I got up tonight. I think these show the card better. White on white is hard to catch after dark!


You might be able to see the embossing better from this angle. And of course I stamped a little on the inside too. :)

Now it is time to sail off to Mike Funke's blog and see his take on this gnarly set! I am so excited to see it!

http://stampin-style.typepad.com/stampin-style/2014/03/src-the-open-sea.html

http://stampspaperandink.typepad.com/stamps_paper_and_ink/2014/03/stamp-review-crew-the-open-sea.html

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I love the little cut out anchors! Too cute. I love how simple your second card is but it pops.

Anonymous said...

Love your modern twist on this stamp set!

Dawn Tidd said...

Too cute, both of them. I love all the traditional red, white and blue on the first one and the simplicity of the CAS second card. Great cards!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Beautiful, nautical cards. Love the colors in the first one and the little anchors. And I am so impressed you just whipped up that second card. I love the stripe texture combined with the compasses and twine. It came out great!

stressfreestamping said...

Very nice cards! I love the simplicity of your second card. That knot you tied with the Baker's Twine is amazing!

Heidi Baks said...

Fun creation of anchor cut-outs paired with a stamped anchor. I really love your elegant white card!

Jill Coleman said...

Great cards Tanya. Lots of details and fun on the first then clean and simple on the second. Great variety and very pretty.

Yapha Mason said...

These are really fabulous, Tanya! I love the clean simplicity of the second card. That Baker's Twine is perfect!

Tinabobina99 said...

I ADORE the CAS card. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Love what you did with your Silhouette. But that compass card speaks to me. Beautiful!

Betty said...

Ok now I want an e-cutter. Those images look awesome as cut-outs! And I really really like your second card. I admire CAS cards but have a hard time doing them. You nailed this one!

Mike said...

Great nautical colors and layout. Love the compasses - so clean and simple.

Cindy Beach said...

You are making great use of your e-cutter! I love how neat the images look cut out and popped up. Fabulous!

Wendie Waldman said...

Love these!

Jessica said...

Pretty cool cards. I love white on white. It's good for any occasion and any gender. TFS Jess

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails