Monday, June 24, 2013

Mountains of Sympathy

We all need a card for a sad occasion now and again, and I like to keep a stash of them so I don't have to rush to make one when I need it. But sometimes you need something a little more tailored to fit the person it is going to. Just such a thing occurred recently when one of my uncles passed away on Memorial Day weekend. He was my uncle-in-law for about 30 years as he and my uncle had been together for that long. I will miss Robert aka: Auntie Bo-Bo! He has had AIDS since the late 80's and had been doing very well, until this spring when pneumonia caught him. This card will go to Jerry and they have lived in the California mountains for a long time, so I needed something simple and masculine, serene. I hope that is what I achieved here.

I masked off the top and bottom of the cardfront and sponged on some Island Indigo, Soft Suede, and Whisper White. Then I stamped the trees in Early Espresso and Whisper White, and the sentiment in Early Espresso. After it dried a bit, I added the white gel pen frame.
  • Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Love and Sympathy
  • Ink: Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Whisper White
  • Paper: Crumb Cake
  • Other: Naturals designer buttons, Island Indigo Baker's Twine

1 comment:

Yapha Mason said...

What a gorgeous sympathy card. I am so sorry for the loss of your uncle. Hugs to you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails