Monday, February 18, 2013

Owly Birthday



I am trying to get into using challenges more, and I found a really cute color challenge that fit an idea that had popped into my brain while trying to decide on a stamp set out of the SU main catalog to use for a swap I just joined. (That was a really long sentence. More like a paragraph in one breath!)

See, isn't that adorable?!!

Polka dots have been calling to me again lately. Love the little buggers, and these were made with the rubber leftovers from the Daydream Medallions set. They work very well with A Fitting Occasion don't they :)
  • Stamps: A Fitting Occasion, Daydream Medallions
  • Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso
  • Paper: Whisper WHite, Primrose Petals Core'dinations and regular cardstock, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral
  • Other: Curly Label, Modern Label, and 1" Circle punches, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, dimensionals, Big Shot with Woodgrain ef, Simply Scored, scotch tape, Sticky Strip

This little box will hold all kinds of things, including 4 tealights. I made a tutorial for them ages ago here.

I don't normally post twice in one day, but I really wanted to get this submitted to the challenge and the deadline is midnight tonight! 

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Your owl card and tea light box is so cute. I love anything owl.

Yapha said...

These are super cute, and a really clever use of this stamp set! Great use of the colors, too! Thanks for playing along at ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Tanya, love your gift box as well, great idea! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Please turn off word verification and turn on word moderation!

Katherine said...

This is adorable - I never throw away usable leftover pieces of rubber. I never use them either, but I never throw them away lol...maybe I'll have to pull out some of those circles and squares!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails