Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines for Sons


I was not as prepared for Valentine's Day as I should have been this year. I had quite a stash of cards to sell at work last year, but not this year. Oh well. One of my co-workers did come to me last weekend and told me she needed 4 cards. One of them would be for her adult son. She has been getting cards from me for about 3 or 4 years now, and her son had made a comment about them a couple years ago. He told her that she was finding the most amazing cards! I used to think guys didn't notice this stuff, but even the guys at work want to use my cards because they are "special" and "little works of art". Now, I don't let that go to my head, because I know that I am not the most talented  card maker out there. Not by a long shot! But who doesn't love some admiration of their efforts?!

All that being said, I really like how this one turned out. I am rather enamored with cutting birch bark with my Big Shot dies right now, and those birch bark hearts really made this card for me! And it will be going to that lovely son of Bekki's, who recognizes art when he sees it ;) (BTW, this young man is a Harley mechanic...)

I really think the Letterpress Plates are missing out on the love from most of us. They are such and awesome tool, and I love the look they give. I find myself using them just as much as the embossing folders. Check out the "son". It is form the Family Reunion set, which I earned with my sales during Sale-A-Bration last year. I love being a demonstrator :) So many great perks! There 24 stamps in the set, and 19 of them are family relation names! Bet you didn't know there were that many to use!

The birch button was cut using the Buttons #5 sizzlit. You do have to peel the birch bark to a couple layers thick for this to work, but the results are awesome! And if you are like me, and burn wood to heat the house, then you don't have to go far to find birch bark. Otherwise, you can find it online in lots of places. Or maybe you know someone else that has some you can use. And Tombow liquid glue holds the birch bark just fine!

  • Stamps: PS I Love You, Family Reunion
  • Paper: Naturals White, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, black pen
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip
  • Other: Big Shot with Buttons#5 sizzlet, Hearts Framelit, Lots Of Love Letterpress Plate, birch bark, Signo white gel pen, Stampin Dimensionals, Early Espresso Baker's Twine

9 comments:

Mickey Roberts said...

Tanya, this card is just awesome. AND I think you are an extremely talented artist!

Katherine said...

I love the birch bark touches on your projects!

Yapha said...

Oh that birch bark is amazing!! Love that you are cutting it with your Big Shot! And seriously? You are an amazing artist! your cards are works of art!!

Anonymous said...

Birch bark!! How much cooler and textural could a masculine could a card be?

Anonymous said...

Love the touch of the natural birch bark. And you are an awesome artist... just sayin'!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the card- perfect for a man.

Shelley Z said...

Awesome! Love the touch of birch bark that you used! You are a great artist and don't you forget it!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great card!

Paula said...

Love it! So cool with the bark on there. Any my dad is the one who comments on homemade cards, not my mom. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails