Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rose Book Box


Chery Cobbler is such a wonderful red, don't you think? So deep and rich and elegant. This is a sample I made for a wedding favor. The bride will be carrying deep red roses and the bridesmaids will be wearing black gowns. This just felt so right!


I embossed the Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the Manhattan Flowers embossing folder, then inked the raised parts with Cherry Cobbler ink. Then I assembled the box. I thought about using the 5/8" Satin ribbon, but I wanted something more delicate. Seam Binding ribbon would have been a good choice also, however it doesn't come in white. So taffeta it is! Instructions for making this box can be found here.


And here is the inside. I kept it the same as the Lots of Love book box from the other day :) Now what will you fill yours with?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, this is so brilliant I think I'm gonna pop! What a lovely bridal favor, or ANY favor for that matter!

Yapha said...

This is absolutely stunning!! Wow!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

This is a fabulous idea!!! Perfect gift for Valentine's Day. Love your inside cover.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful project and I looove how you did the box!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Now how funky cool is this?!?! What a great favor, Tanya. . . .

Jen Timko said...

Wow!!! This is absolutely beautiful! Perfect colors (I love Cherry Cobbler, too!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails