Saturday, November 20, 2010

Deck the Halls Wreath


Time for another wreath! I really love making these and I needed a Christmas one. Actually I put this one in a local shop to sell, but I imagine I will make one for myself too.

 Again with the lighting challenges! The colors are really Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke, but there is a little too much blue tint to this photo. The striped ribbon is the Riding Hood Red from last year, but at the time I was typing this, it was still available for $1.99 for a 10 yard roll on the clearance rack.
First I sponged the whole wreath with Crumb Cake ink and Champagne Mist Shimmer paint. Then I wrapped it with Cherry Cobbler ribbon and Gold Waffle paper. The leaves were created by using the Jolly Jingles Jumbo Wheel and rolling Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke card stock with the coordinating ink, then sponging on Chimmer Paint, cutting out the leaves with the Leaves #2 die, then embossing the AA leaves with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, and the CC leaves with  Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder.
The rosettes are made with the Table Settings die and Deck the Halls DSP, edges sponged with Cherry Cobbler ink, then Champagne Glass Glitter is applied with Crystal Effects. A Big Button and an Antique Brad, some Waffle Paper, and a handy-dandy glue gun and it's all done!
  • Stamps: Grateful Greetings, Jolly Jingles JW
  • Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Naturals Ivory, Gold Waffle paper, Deck the Halls DSP
  • Ink: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
  • Other: Big Shot with Table Settings and Leaves #2 die and Vintage Wallpaper and Petals-A-Plenty embossing folders, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Champagne Glass Glitter, Sponges, Crystal Effects, Antique Brad, Deck the Halls Big Buttons, Cherry Cobbler ½" seam binding ribbon, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain,  Designer Label punch, Wide Oval punch, crochet thread, glue gun


So, is this one as good as the Autumn Spice Wreath? Will anybody buy it? We shall see! But I like it, so it's all good :) Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Tanya, I always love your wreaths and this one is BEAUTIFUL and so clever. I really love those flowers made with the Table Setting Die!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I just love your wreaths they are awesome!!!

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous! Truly stunning!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Another lovely project, Tanya--do you ever sleep?

Yapha said...

So beautiful!!! Those are gorgeous colors together!

Cindy said...

Holly, I was wondering that myself! Tanya, the waffle paper is such a great addition! Love this!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Very pretty!!

Shelley Z said...

WOW! You can always send it to me! Very pretty.

Heidi Baks said...

I got the Table Setting die today - woohoo! Can't wait to try it!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I think it's better than the autumn spice wreath...that bow and those paper flowers are just perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails