Saturday, October 2, 2010

Boys of Fall page


There is a new country music song out called "The Boys of Fall" all about small town high school football teams. I love it! Could be because I grew up in a small town, and all of my boys have been or are in football right now. It highlights all the things that I think high school sports should be about- teamwork, fair play, physical activity, passion for something physical (so maybe they will continue exercising as adults!), being a part of the community....not a career.  Ok, off my soapbox!
These are photos of my son and his team, but I got a couple shots of his friends in there too :) This is the page I came up with for Stamp Club on 9/23/10. Why has it taken me so long to post it? Well, I had to work, then it was my birthday and I hadn't taken any pictures of this yet...and you heard what I did for my birthday lol! Now I finally have a day off again, so I should be back on track with daily posts!
The fun borders on this page were cut with the Tasteful Trims XL die. As soon as I saw that die, I knew I had to have it! I use it all the time now! And isn't it cool how the Designer Label and the Curly Label punches layer?! I was pleasantly surprised there, lol. I also discovered that I need to order more Marina Mist 12x12 paper- I only had enough for half of the ladies at club to use it! So for the other half, I reversed the Old Olive and the Marina Mist. The little tabs beside the pictures are the Designer Label punch punching out only half of it. Now, on to the supply list!
  • Stamps: Day of Gratitude
  • Paper: Marina Mist, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Autumn Spice Specialty DSP
  • Ink: Old Old, Marina Mist, Early Espresso
  • Other: Big Shot with Tasteful Trims die, Designer Label punch, Curly Label punch, Large Oval punch, gold brads, Signo white gel pen, Stampin' Dimensionals
 Here is another look at the trim and the layered punches. I love how the colors of this page mimic the vivid colors on the football field, green grass and autumn skies! Oh, and my son is #41 in these pictures :)

4 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow This is awesome!! I love the layout and the colors too. Great job!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the layout-- your layers and use of the modern label punch- very cool.

Created By You said...

Love the timeless trim die Tanya!! It's really fun on your scrapbook page too!

Anonymous said...

cute page, my son is a boy of fall, too. don't you love that the teams pick white for the uniforms! game or practice... thank god for mrs. stewarts bluing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails