Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pet Sympathy Card

One of our friend's dog died on Friday and I know how much we miss our pets. They are a part of the family and it's hard to lose someone so suddenly. So this card is for Maria and Richie.
I used  Mojo Monday sketch 130 and some retired colors. I'm just feeling the need to use something old that is new again lately, I guess. The weather continues to be unseasonally warm here in Northern Minnesota. I can't believe I have been able to have the windows open and air things out a couple times already! That really influences my choices in colors. It feels like spring so pastels and florals are very much on my mind, lol! I am sure we will  get hammered with a blizzard yet sometime soon. But I will enjoy this weather while I can! My deck door is open right now in fact! I think it is about 35 degrees out and the sun is shining bright right now! Positively Balmy!
  • Stamps: D is for Dog
  • Paper: Kraft, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Tea Party DSP
  • Ink: Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron
  • Other: Finial Press embossing folder with Big Shot, Circle Scissor, paper piercer with mat pack, Signo white gel pen, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with sponge,  Pinking Hearts border punch, Stampin Dimensionals, Groovy Guava stitched ribbon, Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon, mini glue dots

3 comments:

Julie Marshall said...

Very cute! I actually just got this set through Sell-A-Bration. Can't wait to use it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Christy said...

The stitching is a fabulous touch!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nice and cute sympathy card! This is awesome! My best friend dog died last week and sad to say, she was so devastated until now and after the pet cremation houston she started to grieve and most of the time she wants to be alone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails