Thursday, November 19, 2009

Penguin Side-step card




Still loving the Cold &Cuddly set! And I found a new-to-me fold called the Side-Step. I love how you can put a picture in this card! I found the original directions from Julie Davidson, but I tweaked it a bit.
  • Stamps: Cold and Cuddly, Four the Holidays
  • Paper: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Whisper White
  • Ink: Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
  • Other: Paper cutter with scoring blade, bone folder, Jumbo Snowflake punch, snowflake die and Big Shot, Scallop Edge punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Signo white gel pen
The photo on this card is a wallet size, but you could put a 3x4" in it. We are making a different one like this for club, but I am using the same card for a swap so I will post that after the swap is complete :)


Here is my diagram.
  1. You start with a 5-1/2"x8-1/2" piece of cardstock. 
  2. Put in paper cutter with the 5-1/2" side at  the top. Line edge up with the 3-1/4" line and cut down starting at 1" and ending at 6-3/8".
  3. Turn paper 180 degrees and score all the way across at 4-1/4".  Then score from the edge to the cut line on the wider section at 1", 2", 3-1/8", & 6-3/8"
  4. Fold and crease well as shown above. 
  5. Decorate as desired.
Now, show us what you've got! Post a comment and link to yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails