Friday, October 16, 2009

Batty Treat


I got the idea for this little guy from LauraLB here. I modified him a bit for the punches that I have :) He will fit nicely on candies like peppermint patties. I'll try to explain how I made him.

  • Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Crushed Curry (or whatever you want), Real Red


  • Punches: Boho Blossoms, Scallop Oval, Wide Oval, Photo Corner, 3/4" circle, 5 Petal Flower, and Crop-A-Dile


Wings: Photo Corner punch and Scallop Oval punch-glue together as shown.
Body: Wide Oval punch in Basic Black
Mouth: 3/4" circle in Real Red (only about 3/4 of the circle), 2 petals from the 6-petal flower on the Boho Blossoms punch in Whisper White for his fangs
Feet: 3 petals x2 from the same flower in Basic Black
Ears: Two petals from 5 Petal punch
Eyes: Use punches on Crop-A-Dile to make 2 large white circles and 2 small black circles

To have better control putting the eyes together and to put them on the body, I used a toothpick to apply a teeny tiny bit of glue, and to pick them up and move them around.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! Perfect for a Halloween treat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails