Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kirk's Birthday card

Ok, this is the card I made for my brother this year. Here is last year's card. Why do I always end up doing some fancy fold for him? A little about my brother. He is a big boy toy kinda guy. He and his wife and 2 kids (Jacob 8 I think, and Sarah 7) live in a small town. Except in the summer. In the summer they live in their camper at their seasonal lot at the municipal park a few miles away, right on a lake of course. They both drive back and forth to work form there, going to the house occasionally for laundry and mail and such. They have a jet sky and 4 wheelers, and a few other fun toys. So I thought the new set that goes with the ever popular Loads of Love would be perfect.


This is a tri-shutter card and I have made a few of these now. I keep forgetting how much time they take! But they do turn out beautiful so they are worth the effort for someone special. I used a few retired and non SU things, but I think they blend well. I hope you forgive me ;)

  • Stamps: Loads of Fun, Birthday Bliss, Birthdays Count, Circle Circus, Lazy Days JW
  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Choc Chip, various marker (Real Red, Summer Sun, Going Gray, Taken with Teal, Basic Black, Bordering Blue)
  • Other: white gel pen, buttons, brads, Old Olive poly-twill ribbon, clear embossing powder and heat gun, whisper white jumbo grommet, small and large tag punches
And I just found the link to the tutorial I use for the tri-shutter card! I thought I had lost it. There are a couple of versions there.
Now if I could just get this thing in the mail! His birthday was in August for gosh sakes! And as always, comments are welcome, in fact encouraged!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails