Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tea/photo/gift card Card


Ok, so I live in a family of pack rats, I'll just tell you this right up front. Even my kids are pack rats. I am trying to be a pack rat in recovery, lol! So yesterday when I was cleaning in our great room (which doubles as a stamping room, rec room, and living room), I found a box of business sized and personal letter sized envies my 16 y/o son brought home from a yard sale he was helping at. These envies didn't sell, probably because they were all sealed shut from the humidity at some point! Useless right? I can through them away, right? Nope, I remembered that I could use the business sized ones for the Cocoa cards and not even have the lick the yucky glue to seal them before cutting them up! Ok, so I can throw the small envies now. Nope! Brilliance strikes and I figure I can make little cocoa cards for tea packets. Well, I had to sit down and make some almost right away and guess what. You can fit wallet sized photos, gift cards, money, and/or a little note in these things! So cute!



Here it is with a packet of tea and a couple of wallet sized pics of my daughter in her Junior ROTC uniform from a couple years ago. Yes, my totally hippie daughter was once in Junior ROTC and actually considered joining the military. :) I did a video tutorial for the Cocoa card here.


Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas


Paper: cream colored 3-5/8"x6-1/2" envelope, Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss


Ink: Basic Brown, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive and Ruby Red with Aquapainter, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie markers


Accessories: Riding Hood Red ribbon, Aquapainter, paper crimper, stapler.



First cut your envelope into 2 pieces, one 3" long and the other 3-1/2" inches long. The longer piece will fit into the shorter piece.


For the card "front" (the shorter piece)I watercolored the image with Ruby Red classic ink, and then on this one I used the Old Olive and Real Red markers to color the branches and berries. I did a different one watercoloring the branches with Old Olive and I liked that effect better. I highlighted the berries with a dot of white gel pen. Inked the edges of the image pieces with Basic Brown. Adhered the ribbon all the way around with Tape Runner, then adhered image to card.
Now, I stamped the branch shadow image in Kiwi Kiss repeatedly on front and back of the longer piece. Run piece trough paper crimper. Take an approx. 2" long piece of ribbon, fold in half over closed end of piece, and staple it on.


All Done!









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails