Friday, July 25, 2008

Steven Turns 21!

My little brother, Steven, turns 21 on July 28th! I can hardly believe it! I had forgotten to get a card done for him earlier than this, it is getting close! If I mail it in the morning it should still get to him in time, I hope :) Steven is a pretty special guy. Everyone who meets him loves him, and he has such a charming smile!
I have been dying to use this set ever since I got it, but my teens think it is So Lame, not So Cool, LOL! However my 12 year old boy thinks it is So Cool, so there is still hope. And of course I still have all of the teen pages I will be doing....sometime....I have got to get back to my scrapbooking!

I used the Faux Metal technique for the silver rivets in the corners. This is embossing with silver EP on Brushed Silver cardstock, then cutting out. Super easy and looks great! I also used an oldie but a goodie retired background stamp- Just Jeans- I couldn't resist!

Stamps: So Cool, Stamp of Authenticity, Everyday Flexible Phrase, Rough Edges Alpha, Sanded BG, Just Jeans BG
Paper: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red and Taken with Teal and Bravo Burgundy markers
Accessories: CAD, eyelets, Silver EP, Heat gun, paper piercer and Mat Pack guide, paper crimper, distressing tool from Cutter kit

This is Steven in 2006 on Cass Lake while we were fishing on vacation. He was doing this goofy grin all the time that year!



And this is at his graduation ceremony in 2007! What a handsome dude! He got a standing ovation when they handed him his diploma...it was a tear jerker! His whole class had kind of adopted him and treated him very well. It just warms my heart since I grew up in the same town and know how cruel people can be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics of your little brother! Congrats to him on his graduation and his birthday!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful of you to share Steven with us! He truly is an outstanding young man! Please tell him Congrats from me Too!

Hugs - Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails