Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fishin card

My hubby, youngest son, and I went fishing yesterday afternoon and had a great time. We just don't do that often enough. The really cool part was my hubby said "You want to go fishing?" at 5:55pm and by 6:10pm we were in the boat out on the water, and no- I don't live on a lake! We live within 5 minutes of about 4 public accesses to 4 different lakes. Plus there are about 7 more lakes within 10 minutes of us, some with public accesses and some without. And how often do I actually get out on the lake? About 3 times a summer. Ridiculous right?!

I also had to make a birthday card for my stepfather-in-law to send out that morning and he loves to fish and works for Crestliner, a big boat manufacturer. So I decided to do a fishing theme, AGAIN! I also wanted to do the emerging colors technique with a masculine theme, so I stamped the fish from Angler in 3 colors on Whisper White, then used Print Pattern BG to stamp with Versamark, then embossed that with clear EP. Then brayed with Blue Bayou ink, and wiped the excess ink off the embossed parts. I think I also embossed the boat silhouette image in white on Blue Bayou paper, matted that and centered it on the card. I hurried up, found a good poem for the inside, had everyone sign it and put it in the mailbox and forgot to take a picture! Ugh! So I decided to play with it again today and this is what I came up with. I took this one a step further and made my own striped paper in coordinating colors.

Stamps: Angler, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Print Pattern BG
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Blue Bayou, Whisper White
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, True Thyme, River Rock, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Versamark
Accessories: brayer, clear EP , white EP, Plaidmaker templates-small (retired, used to make the striped paper)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, great card! Love your colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails